Fortnite v4.4 is currently rolling out. Let’s take a look at the patch notes for the best version of Fornite, Save the World!
Full patch notes here.
Anti-cheat system has been implemented into Save the World
Well, this is interesting. I wonder if this has come about because of so many glitches in the game being exploited, or is this aimed at botting?
You may have been aware, there was a wicked glitch with Ride the Lightning, which allowed you to set up the van and walk away. Thus allowing you to find resources, rescue survivors, or simply go AFK like Corruptfacta.
Blockbuster Part 3: The Cloaked Star is now available
New Mythic Hero. Not a fan of these abilities much myself. Very star throwing focused which I find quite boring.
Increased drop rate of Sheets of Metal for the quest “Blocked!”
I just finished this. God dammit.
The chance to get double Hero/Schematic/Survivor XP from a mission reward now gradually increases from the beginning of Canny Valley to the end of Twine Peaks, ending 50% higher than the initial values.
This is sorely needed. It becomes a real grind to get XP in the late game.
Removed Rotating Gizmos from Canny Valley and Twine Peaks mission rewards
Why u do dis? 🙁
New Obliterator Sniper Rifle
- A slow firing anti-material rifle with high base damage and a heavy kick. Its shots pierce through walls and Husks alike, and can quickly obliterate structures.
- Available on the weekly store from Wednesday, June 13 at 8 pm ET through Wednesday, June 20 at 8 pm ET.
At this stage, doesn’t look that great for Save the World.
Added a new weapon perk: +x% Impact
This could be interesting, but I don’t expect it to be a game changer.
Resources can now be gathered when using heavy melee attacks on the world
Well ok… but if you are harvesting with melee weapons, you’re doing it wrong. More for accidents I think?
Increased the base damage and impact of melee weapons:
- Swords: Damage +57%. Impact +75%
- Spears: Damage +67%. Impact +71%
- Scythes: Damage +67%. Impact +82%
- Axes: Damage +73%. Impact +94%
- Blunt Weapons: Damage +113%. Impact +95%
These are very good changes
Increased the durability consumption rate of melee weapons per attack to compensate for increased damage
This, not so much. I find melee weapons to degrade quite quickly and often avoid them unless I am a Ninja.
Increased the crafting costs for melee weapons:
- Defenders can no longer be teleported.
- This is to prevent them from entering a buggy state.
- Teleportation pads now activate when first dropped.
And to fix glitching issues like Ride the Lightning.
Fixed collision issue with Lars’s Van on Ride the Lightning mission